Headturn Assignment

 For this assignment, we were tasks with creating an animation of a head turn of a character, either our own or an existing character, and include the whole bust with neck and shoulders. 

At first, I wanted to do Mordecai from Mordecai and Rigby, but I could not find his character gesture sheets. Instead, I decided to do Gumball from The Amazing World of Gumball. I had run into some problems when completing this assignment. The first problem was that I had the head turn way too far. Gumball has a smaller body than his head so his body would have to move a lot to compensate for the head movement. I had condensed the actual head turn and made the start pose and end pose closer to each other to minimize the body movement. Another problem I had was that the characters themselves were meant to pop from looking one way to the other. The characters are not meant for a gradual, realistic head turn so I had to use my imagination to create what I think Gumball would look like if the animation was more realistic.

I was able to color in the face of Gumball and although his body is not colored, the lines are clean and not sketchy. I tried to make it resemble the actual character as much as I could.

Here is the first draft that I submitted for critique:



Comments

Popular Posts